Thursday, August 2, 2012

Wishes and Hopes of a Ravens Fan

Ok, a friend of mine wrote the blog below. Since I love his spunk and he is a friend of mine and I will not trash him per se, but I will his article.


http://mrballsohard.blogspot.com/2012/08/the-pittsburgh-steelers-qb-ben_2.html#!/2012/08/the-pittsburgh-steelers-qb-ben_2.html


The Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger got hurt in week 9 when he played my Baltimore Ravens. He told the media that he tore his rotator cuff. And people are telling me it’s not a big deal because it heals by itself. If the injury happened in Nov of 2011, and it’s still not 100% that’s a sign to me that it serious.
I am so thrilled to hear this news. I know that Big Ben might be young but he has taken a lot of hits during his career. So if he plays this year and plays like shit, I think the Steelers fans will want Big Ben head. I say that because I told those stupid fans that the Steelers will go 6-10 this year.



This is what I like to call wishful thinking. I know that most Ravens fans love the fact that Big Ben had a slight tear to his rotator cuff. That is every Ravens fan's dream: Ben being hurt and possibly not being able to play. But, that is simply not the case. Here is an article from today where Big Ben spoke to the media about this injury. http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/48466532


Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger said Wednesday that he has a partially torn rotator cuff -- an injury from a Nov. 6 game against Baltimore.

"It just got extended the wrong way, and it was never an issue," he said. "I've dealt with a lot of pain, and it wasn't going to take me out."

Roethlisberger told reporters that it's a minor injury which hasn't limited him in training camp practices, and he's following a doctor's advice not to throw too much during walk-throughs and other situations where he can avoid it.

"You didn't see any drop-off in my play last year throwing the ball and you haven't seen it yet, and none of you guys would have known it if we wouldn't have talked about it today," he said. "I really thought it was kind of a non-issue since it happened so long ago, and it really is. I'm letting you know now: It's a serious non-issue because I'm just fine." When Coach Mike Tomlin was asked if the injury causes the team any concern, he answered, "None."


So, there you have it Mr. Balls So Hard. There is nothing to this to be excited about. Making mountains out of molehills is what I say.


Now that Big Ben has injured his rotator cuff, he needs that to throw it deep. I see their D will struggle as well as their Offense because there players are too OLD to play in the NFL. They do have young players but they have no experience playing in the NFL. With a not a good Defense and a poor Offense, the Steelers will have the worst season that they had with the Rooney Family.

If you are a diehard raven fan like me, you are thrilled that this could happen to your least favorite team in the NFL. They were the ones that laughed at our faces when Suggs got hurt in May. At least we can tell them that our key player got hurt ways before training camp, and it will heal up and be ready by week 1.


The fact that he thinks Terrell Suggs is going to be back by Week 1 is also laughable. Suggs himself has even stated that it will be sometime in November. I do not know of any diehard Steelers fan that has showed anything but respect for Suggs and his injury. We respect Suggs and we want him on the field because we want no excuses.

The claim that our team is old is also laughable. Our receiving tandem may be missing Wallace, but, trust me, he will be in a Steelers uniform by November 18th at the latest and, outside of Cotchery, they are all under the age of 26.

So, how are they old again? Our defense, that he says will struggle, was the top ranked unit in the NFL last season. So, how are they going to struggle again you say? Steelers fans have been hearing for the past two years. Our D is old, they are slow, they are done... Stop acting like Warren Sapp at the buffet and gobbling this stuff up. We proved the doubters wrong last season and we will again this season.

So, I will say this: I appreciate the spunk, kid, but you are so off base it's not funny and I will just end this with a little song. Keep Wishing and Hoping.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJ-MVAzdUK4

No comments:

Post a Comment